It is with deep sadness and extreme gratitude that I write this testimonial to Pam Marshalla, who passed away on June 9, 2015. She was a family person, an author and a “clinician’s clinician” whose practical books and seminars successfully integrated research data and clinical experience. Many have become best-sellers in the field of speech-language pathology. The books about lisps have become the “authoritative guide” to the diagnosis and treatment of the lisps. Her website and Therapy BLOG were read by clinicians and parents alike.
Her gift to us included the following:
1. Oral-Motor Techniques, Frontal Lisp, Lateral Lisp and Successful R Therapy
2. Apraxia Uncovered: The seven stages of Phoneme Development
3. Becoming Verbal with Childhood Apraxia
4. How to stop Drooling
5. How to stop Thumb-sucking
6. Carryover Techniques in Articulation ad Phonological Development
7. Vowel Practice Pictures
8. The Four Stages of Imitation
9. “Do you like Pie” a musical CD.
10. The Marshalla Guide; A topical Anthology of Speech Movement Techniques – due in 2016.
These books have helped so many SLPs and children and their families. Each book was accessible and full of theory and clinical wisdom. For the children with speech disorders, delays and distortions, we thank you so much Pam.